She first appears when Midou Kusabi failed to kill Tsukune. After wounding him with her needle finger, she took control of the doctor, Yutaka Yuji. She then attempted to use him to inject the same substance into Moka. After she smashed a vase to his head, Mako injected the substance into Moka and used her to cut Tsukune before Kurumu intervened. Feeling angry already, Kiria Yoshii told Mako they would work together. She angrily rejected his offer and took control of innocent bystanders in the infirmary, to which Kiria mentioned she has impulse issues. When Tsukune wanted to talk to Moka about the incident, he ran into Mako who used the bystanders to attack him. Moka then intervened before Mako could kill Tsukune. After Tsukune pulled off her rosario cross, Moka at first doesn't transform due to the substance Mako used to control her. After Tsukune talks to Moka, she jabs herself, transforms, and defeats Mako. (U.S. manga translation called her a "Mongrel" alluding to the mixed heritage of a Monstrel)
In Alucard's return, Mako reappears along side with Midou defeating one of Alucard's clones in the final battle.
Mako gives Yukari an older body after she complains about the body she has. Mako at first makes Yukari happy. However Mako later reveals that she only gave Yukari an older body to make her negative thoughts stronger. Though it isn't seen, a battle between Moka and Mako occurs. After Mako is defeated, Yukari returns to her old self again.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Hybrid Physiology: Due to the mixed breeding of her ancestry, Mako Yakumaru has no definite yokai traits rather it's a mixed form of all the yokai species in her bloodline though she has not shown her true form.
- Transformation: The main ability for all monstrel where Mako only transforms her finger into an elongated needle rather her entire body unlike most monstrel.
- Mind Control Fluid Secretion: Through her transformed needle finger, Mako injects a special fluid into her victims that places them under her direct control where even a yokai as powerful as a vampire like Moka was affected. Though it should be noted that she was only able to this while Moka was sealed and eventually the vampire mustered the strength to resist the control fluid altogether.
Expert Strategist & Tactician: Mako is a skilled tactician as she planned to destroy the Newspaper Club and more specifically Tsukune while they were vulnerable within the hospital through the use of her special fluid that placed all of the individuals under her control so nobody would help them. She even took advantage of Tsukune's trust towards Moka to have the vampire personally kill him.
• Mako is the only member of ANTI-THESIS who has appeared in the anime.
- She might have some medical knowledge as She chooses to stab her puppets in the neck.
- The heart would act like a pump, bleeding the victim dry if a syringe as inserted.