|Ling Ling Huang|
|Romaji||Wan Rinrin (Japanese)|
Huáng Línglíng (Chinese)
Jiang Shi (current)
|Technique||Dimensional Sword (Jigen-tou)|
|Relatives||Fang Fang Huang (younger brother)|
Ten-Ten Huang (mother)
Fei-Hong Huang (father)
Touhou Fuhai (great-great grandfather)
Tsukune Aono (through family affiliation joining)
|Class||Yōkai Academy Graduate|
Ling Ling originally wanted to kill Tsukune Aono to turn him into a Jiang Shi or a Zombie and add him to her army (though when Fang Fang asked her not to, she agreed to wait until he died some other way). Ling Ling transfers to Yōkai Academy as a third year student, on the basis that no one knows her true age and thus can't prove she shouldn't be one.
Ling Ling dresses like a traditional Jiang Shi. However, she lacks the tailsman on her cap, which may show her uniqueness for having a will and personality. It may because of her great-great grandfather bringing her back instead of an amateur sorcerer that she has individuality and her memories. Instead of one talisman, she seems to have several talismans worn like tassel accessories on the base area of her Jiang Shi jacket. When agitated, Ling Ling's skin appears to have cracks in it and she displays sharp teeth. (See the sports day at Yōkai Academy). In psychical appearance, she has light skin, green eyes, black hair tied into a large ponytail and fringe bangs framing her face, and she also has large breasts, her outfit exposing the large cleavage of her bust. She has gotten her physical beauty from the Miao side of the family from her mother, and just like Fang Fang, she also has an appearance akin to bishōjo, not dissimilar to Fang Fang's appearance being akin to a bishōnen.
Ling Ling is very laid-back, but can be pushy and expectant at the same time. Though she acts like nothing matters to her at the sports carnival, in reality she is one who would do anything to win and get what she wants, a trait shared by many members of her family. This is made apparent when she commands her army of Jiang Shi to cheat in the sports carnival, and later admits this herself when she attempts to destroy both Akua Shuzen and herself during the raid on the Huang Estate.
Also, she is known to never fear death due to her being already dead and she constantly remind her friends that fact.
Ling Ling first appears at the school sports carnival after hearing about Tsukune's incredible feat of defeating Fairy Tale's 7th division from her brother Fang Fang Huang. Ling Ling uses her own team of Jiang Shi to compete against Tsukune and his friends, in order to turn Tsukune into a Jiangshi and force them all to join the Huang Family. Throughout the competition, Ling Ling makes her Jiang Shi team continuously drop bombs, decimating all the other competitors and leading her team to certain victory. However, her plan fails when Tsurara Shirayuki began to snipe the Jiang Shi with her snowball-shooting sniper rifle. During the Shoulder War contest, Inner Moka is released, with the determination of revenge for destroying the food that she and the Outer Moka work hard to make, and she defeats all the Jiang Shi present, including Ling Ling. Afterward Ling Ling sees why Fang Fang tried to warn her off fighting Inner Moka.
When Moka's Rosario Cross becomes faulty, Ling Ling and her brother tell her that the only person who can fix it is their great-grandfather Touhou Fuhai, master of sealing techniques, founder of the Huang Family and One of the Three Dark Lords. She also let's them know that Moka's seal is very complex and beyond the Headmaster's capacity to fix. Ling Ling pilots the plane back to Hong Kong, narrowly avoiding a crash after an assassin from Fairy Tale rips the plane apart to kill Tsukune and capture Moka.
After the Miao Family and Akua Shuzen arrive at the Huang Estate, Ling Ling plans to hold off the invaders long enough for Tsukune, Touhou Fuhai, Mizore, and Kurumu Kurono to wake up from Inner Moka's memories. Ling Ling squares off against the vampire Akua, revealing that she also knows how to use the Dimensional Sword attack, having been taught it by Fuhai himself. The Dimensional Sword attacks inflict no damage upon either of them, but Ling Ling's stamina begins to deteriorate faster than the Akua's, and in a last-ditch effort, headlocks Akua and casts a spell to blow them both up. Ling Ling loses consciousness from the explosion, while Akua frees her and evades the impact.
Later on, Ling Ling graduates from Yōkai Academy
- Living Dead: As a zombie, Ling Ling never worries about life threatening feats (like a plane crash or falling thousands of feet out of nowhere) and, as a running gag, can and does remove her head at will.
- Dimensional Sword/Jigen-Tou: Like Akua Shuzen, Ling Ling Wong can use Touhou Fuhai's technique to a certain degree of mastery but is unable to fight on equal grounds with Akua Shuzen because of the stark difference in their stamina, as seen in chapter 36 in which Ling Ling bleeds from her forehead and hand just trying to prolong the battle and stall for time. Also, Ling Ling can only use a version of the Jigen-Tou at 16 repetitions per second because of the supersonic speeds of the Jigen-Tou.
- Ayashi Arts: Fire Hell Circle: This is an explosive attack with a seal where the opponent can not escape. Ling-Ling uses this as a last resort when trying to kill Akua Shuzen. Normally a person would be dead after using this technique but Ling-Ling was already dead, she made the joke quite subtle before using the technique. The seal works in the way that the other person can not escape unless they hide in the surroundings of the circle, which Akua did by using Jigen-Tou to get underground in time.
- Gunfire: As shown in the chapter where Ling-Ling fights Akua, Ling-Ling pulls out a gun and begins to fire at Akua. Having low stamina as a zombie Ling-Ling has to resort to guns to fight sometimes. The Huang family seems to specialize in guns/weapons being a Mafia group afterall. But that being said Ling-Ling probably does not use this technique since guns seem to be ineffective on higher level monsters.
"Ahaha, it doesn't matter anyways, because I'm already dead."
- Her family name "Haung" is Chinese for "yellow". In the Japanese language, the character kanji "黄" is written and pronounced as "ki", specifically pronounced as "kee" with the long 'e' sound.
- In Chinese, her given name "Ling Ling" means "bell" or "bells", the reason of both being that there are no "specific plural words" in East Asian languages such as Japanese and Chinese. The meaning of her first name is most likely where the term "ring" or "ring ring" for the sound or the onomatopoeia has developed from in the English language.
- Judging by Fang Fang not reacting to Ling Ling removing her head, she's likely been doing this since he was young, perhaps to entertain her little brother & desensitize him to the shock value of the move.
- After Yukari called her on being a Jiang-Shi, Ling Ling complimented her accurate guess and (outside a speech bubble) made mention that she wasn't quite as stiff-limbed as others of her kind.
- From observation, and a bit of common sense, when Ling Ling was alive, she was most likely a Yasha like her brother and father. If so, it would seem the powers are permenantly lost upon death.
- Both she and her younger brother Fangfang Huang resemble their mother greatly.