|Hair Color||Light Blonde|
|Equipment||Two Rosary Earrings (removing them to become charmed & transformed)|
|Relatives||Issa Shuzen (Father)|
Like Moka, her earrings serve as her limiter; when removing them, she gains access to further transformations that allow her to turn her arm into develop razor-sharp bat wings. According to Yukari Sendo, all vampires were able to take forms of other animals, but due to the vampire's vanity this technique is now considered lost.
Contrary to her sisters, Kahlua displays a clear aversion to fighting and hurting others in any way. However, when her charm is in use,she will blindly attack her opposition and kill them without remorse, in the course of such an act, she cries tears of atonement. This deathly side of her has left a striking fear in her sisters, including Akua, who all state she is scary when she cries. Most affected by this trauma was her younger sister Kokoa, who was left with a fear of her which would later develop to the point where it affected her ability to fight and rendered her with a feeling of inferiority towards her siblings. Because of the fact that they're fighting a beautiful, somewhat naive and klutzy girl, who is crying throughout the entirety of her fights, most of her opponents are either terrified of her, due to confusion, or filled with pity towards her. Either way, her personality and style of fighting prove effective in unbalancing her enemy psychologically.
Kahlua truly loves her sisters and was unwilling to harm Moka during their reunion, she also displayed enough care for Kokoa to beg her mother not to harm her. She appears to have been brainwashed in some way by her mother, attested to by the way her eyes seem to react when given a particularly difficult command, and is unwilling to defy her commands despite the personal dislike towards the order given. Kahlua was actually quite impressed by Kokoa's strength when the latter fought her off, and displayed some integument towards it, possibly pride, a thing Kokoa always desired from her kin.
Revealed in Chapter 63 of the manga, Kahlua isn't able to remember the number of people she has killed. Furthermore, she wishes to die as she sullied her life by killing so many people. Even as Kokoa was moving in for the final blow, Kahlua still proclaimed that she loves her little sister. Kahlua does care about her mother, or simply felt pity for her; she revealed the reason behind all of Gyokuro's actions as she died.
AppearanceEditInheriting her mother's appearance, Kahlua has light blonde hair, tanned skin and red eyes. Though unlike her mother's hair, Kahlua's is longer, held back by a tiara and is wavy with bangs framing her forehead. She dresses in a flowing white dress with snow white gloves and white boots.
Recently Volume 12 Cover for Rosario + vampire Manga was released with Kahlua being on it. it shows her skin Color is not as tan as her mother.
Kahlua was hired by the Fairy Tale organization to assist Miyabi and kill everyone in the snow village. Because of the way she was raised, she actually hates murdering others and cries when she does so. She fought the Newspaper Club and decimated them until Inner Moka showed up. Though Kahlua could have easily killed Moka in their battle, she held back because of her love for her sister. Miyabi stops the fight between Kahlua and Moka, canceling her orders to kill everyone present, because if Kahlua continued and won, it wouldn't matter because she would die from the injuries she has sustained. In Chapter 29 she returns to the Snow Village, bumping into Kokoa and Ruby and cryptically informs them not to let Moka and Akua meet.
In the subsequent chapters, she has released one of her rosaries, revealing her Wealth of Power. She also watches Akua's battle with Moka and Tsukune. While her mother brutally chides Akua, Kahlua has compassion for her older sister, stating the Akua is feeling immense emotional pain from fighting her "most precious person". After Gyokuro knocks away Tsukune, Kahlua restrains Moka with her bat wings. She is saddened after her mother rips Moka's rosario from her neck, causing Moka immense pain. She then hands Gyokuro the device to control Alucard. Before the Huang Family ship crashes onto the Fairy Tale, Kahlua stands by her mother as her mother makes Alucard her faithful servant.
Once Touhou Fuhai and the rest of the Fairy Tale Invasion Squad land on the base, Gyokuro orders Kahlua to deal with all of them alone. After being taunted by her sister, Kokoa Shuzen, she bats her with a slap after warning Kokoa to flee, sending the vampire crashing and tumbling into the rubble. She then tearfully pleads to her mother to ignore Kokoa and let her live. Once Gyokuro orders Kahlua to kill everyone, including the youngest daughter of the Shuzen family, Kahlua bursts in a massive tantrum and jumps to kill Kokoa with her bat-winged arm. Kokoa is narrowly saved by Haji Miyamoto. Slightly distracted by her sister's escape, Kahlua is surprised to notice Gin about to attack. She unleashes a beam-like attack, but Gin is in turn saved by Touhou Fuhai.
Kahlua then engages Kokoa one-on-one and easily dominates her though her sister is able to keep up and defend without taking too much damage, but struggles to do so. Once Kokoa acknowledges the difference in their power and skill and begins to break down both physically and emotionally, Kahlua goes to decapitate her sister who is once again saved by Haiji. Kahlua goes to attack again, but Kokoa defends and breaks though one of Kahlua's wings, destroying it in the process. Kahlua and her mother, Gyokuro, are astonished by Kokoa's new power as Kokoa re-engages her sister one-on-one.
However, after Kahlua takes of the second limiter, Kokoa is easily defeated.
Kurumu and Mizore then fight her. They manage to greatly weaken her with Duet 13 Last Waltz, by using Holy Water, which acts as a limiter on Kahlua's powers. Kokoa then appears to impale her to death with her blade.
After Kahlua is mortally wounded, she tells a stunned Kokoa that their mother was cruelly ignoring Kokoa becuase her desperate hope that Kokoa's birth would win back Issa's interest failed. She dies before Kokoa voices her sorrow at not succeding as her mother wanted her to win Issa's interest back.
- Limiters: Kahlua's rosary-shaped earrings function as individual limiters to seal away her power until it is needed in battle. Upon removing the first limiter on her right ear, Kalua's right arm tends to transform with the Wealth of Power and becomes her signature weapon. Her overall power is also noted to increase drastically. After removing the second limiter, Kahlua's power is noted to increase even more drastically as she stated that Kokoa, who had just defeated her with the first limiter removed, was ten years too young to win against her in that state.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Superhuman Strength: Like any Vampire, her strength is monstrous. While sealed, Kahlua could severely hurt Kurumu and Tsukune with a single punch. Her kicks are just as powerful and were greatly increased when her limiter was removed.
- Superhuman Speed: Kahlua's speed is seen to be very fast. Even with her powers sealed, she was able to get in front of Moka when she attempted to run away; acting as a decoy. Her speed vastly increased once she removed her limiter. She could easily hit anyone before they blinked, but her full potential has yet to be seen.
- Superhuman Durability: Kahlua is very resilient. After being kicked in the face by Inner Moka, she could stand up with little trouble while her limiter is on. Once removed, she can nearly recover instantly after any attack. Even after her internal organs were penetrated, she was able to remain standing to fight. This was caused by an ability to paralyze her pain. Combined with her healing ability and strong vampire body, Kahlua can for a short time become "Charmed". This particular ability makes Kahlua an extremely powerful but equally vulnerable opponent: her catastrophic injuries catch up to her when she returns to normal and if she doesn't notice them, it will lead to her death.
- Regeneration: Kahlua has the ability to heal deadly wounds almost immediately and is capable regrowing missing limbs. In Chapter 63, she used one of Mizore's icicles to nearly decapitate her own head, before it regenerated.
- Shapeshifting: Kahlua has the power to turn her arms into giant bat wings with razor-sharp, capable of cutting bodies in half. According to Yukari, all vampires possess this ability to turn into animals, but they don't use it due to their vanity. After her limiter has been completely Removed her transformative power increases dramatically, ghoul like tattoos reach up stoping at her shoulders while the rest of her body becomes a mass of liquidous flesh & blood making her an intagible body mass to which all attacks harmlessly phase through.
- Wealth of Power: Yukari states that all Vampires have an ability called "Wealth of Power." In the case of Kahlua, she has the ability to turn her arms into five razor-sharp bat wings that can easily demolish stone columns. Kahlua is also able to fire a beam from the wings. When the limiter is removed her now transformed bodies unique constitution can become her personal artilery, using and molding pieces of it into makeshift high velocity projectiles she can launch from her body at will.
Gyokuro stated that she taught her daughter a large variety of skills, assassination skills, bomb disposal skills, language skills to name just a few, in the hopes that she'd inherit the title of the Shuzen House's leader. Her mother is so confident in this education "fit for an emperor" that she finds it insulting for Kahlua to be having difficulty in battle, even against her own sister Kokoa.
- "Oh dear! Tripping over my own dress on a first meeting like this... How embarrassing. I mean, I thought a funny entrance like this would put everyone at ease..."
- (To Kokoa) I think... I've been waiting. Waiting for the day where one of my sisters ends this soiled life for me...
- Like her sisters, her name is a reference to a drink. Kahlua's name is a reference to Kahlúa, a coffee flavored liqueur from Mexico.
- After removing her 2nd limiter, Kahlua's body became fluidic in that she nearly decapitated herself but she was seemingly unfazed.
- Despite being an assassin, in the Season 2 Volume 12 Omake one of the assassination techniques that Kahlua is inexperience to is seducing men to coax them into bed. In Kahlua's case, she wasn't taught by her mother, Gyokuro, on how to seduce a guy nor what to do when she's in bed with a guy and finds this whole solution to be embarrassing.