|Equipment||Holy Lock, Tentacle claws|
Rosary of Judgment (formerly)
Unnamed Mother (deceased)
|Affiliations||ANTI-THESIS Leader (formerly)|
Fairy Tale (formerly)
|Class||Unknown year Yōkai Academy (formerly)|
Hokuto was originally Human and following years of physical abuse from his father he accidentally enrolled himself into Yōkai Academy to escape from him. Unfortunately, all he found there was death and unlike Tsukune, he admitted that he never had anyone to protect him. His true form is repressed by a Holy Lock which is similar to Tsukune's. Though, unlike Tsukune, Hokuto's monster form is that of a giant insect-like creature with massive blades for appendages that can cause great damage.
Even with his true form suppressed, Hokuto is intelligent and a powerful practitioner of martial arts, which, when combined with his ability to unwrap and extend his fingers to strike with rock-shattering force makes him a deadly foe. Hokuto attacks the board chairman and claims his rosary, entering the basement of Yōkai Academy, where the mechanism controlling the barrier is located. Tsukune and Moka manage to bring him down, but it takes a combined effort from Tsukune, his friends and Hokuto to restore the barrier, with the hybrid recalling Tsukune's promise to bring some form of order back into the student body. Hokuto reconciles with Tsukune, but summarily leaves after the school festival begins.
Appearance EditHokuto Kaneshiro is very tall in stature standing almost a foot over Aono Tsukune, in fact it is the height difference between Tsukune and Hokuto that Tsukune takes first notice of upon Hokuto's introduction. He has dark hair and dark brown eyes which he wears glasses over. In Season 1 Hokuto dresses in a black variant of the Yokai Academy uniform, however during his fight with Moka and Tsukune it is shown that under it he wears a dark tank top which reveals his battle hardened muscular physique as well as the many scars he has gained over the years. He also wears a silver pendant around his neck with a skull etched upon it. Hokuto, like Tsukune, wears a Holy Lock in order to keep his remaining humanity intact. Hokuto's lock is worn on his left arm and is shown to have nearly all of its links shattered.(Shattered Link Count:16+) In Season 2 Hokuto's style of dress consists of a white business shirt with a black vest to go over it as well as black pants, black shoes, a dress tie, and an expensive-looking watch with a leather band. His most noticeable trait though is that he,has been confined to a wheelchair due to his body degenerating from the monster blood inside of him.
Hokuto has shown to be a very manipulative individual with an intellect to match. He is able to keep a step ahead of the Headmaster, as when he was prepared to break out of a barrier pre-prepared by the latter. As well as knowing how to disable the barrier veiling the Academy from the Humans outside. He also manipulated others to do his dirty work and bore no remorse when they were killed (like when he deceived Tsukune into believing he was working against the very organization he himself was leading).
Year One Edit
He is introduced as the President of the committee that is preparing for the coming school's festival, but is revealed to be the leader of ANTI-THESIS after the incident of Mizuki's attempt to kill Tsukune, Kurumu and Mizore (due to a slip in his mouth revealing that he's part of ANTI-THESIS); which eventually failed after Tsukune breaks the 3rd part of the Holy lock which allowed him to tap into the powers of his vampiric blood. After being defeated, he was critically injured and was placed in the hospital, where he was re-injected with monster blood from Kiria to keep him alive.
Year Two Edit
Fairy tale 1st Subdivision Staff Officer. He was last seen after the failed attempted of crashing the plane. After the fight at the Huang Mansion, he and Kiria appeared. He says that he know where Akua and Moka are heading and they are here to help Tsukune. He later appears to help the group rescue Moka, but appears to abandon them when Gyokuro's Enemy Zero is used. However, he later arrives to save Tsukune from Alucard.
When the Shuzen Family vampires become Ghouls and Tsukune realizes he is resonating with them, Hokuto cautions him to control his emotions to avoid losing control to the Ghoul in him. He later expresses frustration when Tsukune ignores his caution to save Moka from a ghoul. When Tsukune defeats Gyokuro Shuzen, Hokuto displays abject shock at the fact Gyokuro lost, yet he doesn't seem too disappointed at Tsukune beating her.
After Gyokuro rises up and fuses herself with Alucard, Hokuto along with Tsukune and his friends are ready to fight, however, Gyokuro beats them easily. Hokuto's wheelchair is broken and Tsukune carries him. When Kiria appears to both of them in his true form, Hokuto quickly transforms into his monster form ready to battle Kiria pushing Tsukune away saying that he will fall. Later after Alucard's demise, Hokuto is unconscious while being held by Kiria standing along side with Kuyō holding the corpes of Kahlua Shuzen and they make their escape to rebuild Fairy Tale a second time.
Powers & Abilities Edit
Monstrel/Chimera Physiology:Hokuto was once a human, but due to being injected with monster blood by Kiria he has become a Hybrid. In his suppressed state Hokuto was able to fend off Tsukune fairly easily even when under the influence of the injected Vampire-blood (albeit the latter lack of experience with martial arts during the time). After full degeneration from the monster blood inside him and infection from Alucard has turned Hokuto (like Kiria) into a synthetic beast, a Chimera.
- Transformation: He is able to transform his limbs into sharp protrusions and turn into a large multi-limbed beast after removing his Holy Lock. Even after being reduced to navigating within the confines of a wheelchair this ability in no way has been affected. He can also turn his limbs into tentacles.
- Superhuman Strength: Mostly due to his size. In his release state Hokuto is superhumanly strong, capable of overcoming Tsukune and Moka and severely wounding them. Even in his suppressed state, Hokuto is still considerly strong such as when he grabbed onto Kurumu's wrist firmly she was unable to break free. By a simple budge with his right hand, Hokuto was able to send Tsukune hurling across the yard away from Kiria. Hokuto was able to slaughter every member of the committee in just in his suppressed state. Hokuto was able to cause a crater in the wall with a plank after merely missing Tsukune's head as well as severely wounding everyone of Tsukune's friend in his suppressed state who were using their release form. Even Tenmei Mikogami a member of the Three Dark Lords was severely injured from a single attack.
- Superhuman Durability: Hokuto's body was incredibly resistant to damage such as taking a direct kick to the face by Moka with only slight injuries which send him to his defeat. Even after being defeated by Moka and Tsukune, he was able to stand up and help Tsukune to restore the school's barrier. Even in his suppressed state, Hokuto is still resistant to damage such as when he took a team attacks by Kurumu, Mizore, Yukari and Ruby several times he only appeared with a slight gash in his forehead. He took a full force punch to the face by Tsukune who was using his vampire power completely unharmed even after being hurled through several surroundings along the way as well as taking a direct knee to the face by Moka he only appeared with a sight gash in his forehead.
- Barrier Knowledge: He's shown to be quite knowledgeable with barrier magic, as when he easily broke his way out of the Headmaster's pre-prepared barrier and managed to cast it on Tsukune's friends with relative ease. He was also aware of the barrier which veiled the Academy from the human world, as well as how to dispel it.
- Unlike most Yōkai, Hokuto's monster form is likely one of the least reminiscent to his human form, leaving the only part human-like is his head, located in the center of his "chest," while his entire body is turn into a skeletal beast.
- When Kiria injects his blood into Hokuto in the hospital, he remarks about how Hokuto never opened his heart to anyone, until Tsukune Aono.
- Hokuto cautioned Tsukune against getting emotional for the sake of suppressing his ghoul powers.
- Hokuto had a shocked expression when Tsukune beat Gyokuro, suggesting that Gyokuro was a truly fearsome Vampire without her limiter to suppress her power, yet Tsukune defeated her anyway.
- The name Hokuto Kaneshiro can be a play to Fist Of The North Star's(Hokuto No Ken) protaganist Kenshiro who uses Hokuto Shinken to combat enemies.
- After losing his wheelchair in Chapter 63, Hokuto explains that his disability is due to the side-effects of Kiria's blood given to him.