|Fang Fang Huang|
|Romaji||Won Fanfan (Japanese) ,Huang FangFang (Chinese)|
|Technique||Monster Summoning, Chinese Martial Arts|
|Relatives||Ling Ling Huang (Older Sister)|
Ten-Ten Huang (Mother)
Fei-Hong Huang (Father)
Touhou Fuhai (Great-Great Grandfather)
|Class||1st year Yōkai Academy|
Fang Fang is a Chinese Yōkai whose father is the leader of a major Chinese Mafia organization, entering Yōkai Academy to recruit powerful subordinates. He is a Yasha, and can summon other monsters to fight on his behalf, though only one can be summoned at a time. He is occasionally accompanied by a giant panda, which he claims is his servant.
He knew Moka's Rosario Cross was breaking when he heard a "creak" from the seal, and returned to Hong Kong with the others to ask his great-grandfather Touhou Fuhai to fix it. Fang Fang later trains with Tsukune and the others before traveling to Fairy Tale's headquarters to recover Moka.
Fang Fang's appearance is somewhat akin to a bishounen; at first glance Tsukune thought he was a woman. He has black hair and feminine-looking eyes and face, wearing common Chinese clothing and Chinese hair style looking very similar to his sister Ling Ling. Also, he has unique eyebrows. When he activates his powers, a third eye appears on his forehead. All these traits suggest he's the spitting image of Touhou Fuhai when he was young.
Fang Fang is a very kind person who tends to have an overactive imagination and jumps to conclusions pretty easily. However, he is responsible and is very caring of his family, as well as being very intuitive seeing as he immediately notices Moka's seal creaking but is very sincere and apologizes for his family's melodramatic and over-the-top plans. Even though he is usually away from a fight he will be brave enough to stand up for his friends and defend them. Despite his vast amount of money, he is very modest and level-headed; however, he has the least bit of cockiness in the situations he is in. Fang Fang is loyal and cares greatly for his friends. He does possess inner strength, but has only displayed his true abilities when fighting for the sake of his friends. Fang Fang appears to be better friends with Yukari Sendo than any of the others (beside Tsukune). As a symbol of friendship, Fang Fang taught her some summoning technique, which she secretly became more adept at than himself. Yukari seems to worry about him the most, showing that their friendship is mutual. So despite his resemblance to Touhou Fuhai, he doesn't seem to be as sensitive.
Fang Fang is particularly interested in recruiting Tsukune into the Huang Family, having heard of his taking out a human Yakuza group and mistakenly believing that he, not Gin and Haji, was responsible for destroying Fairy Tale's 7th Branch. When he first asked Tsukune to join, he accidentally painted himself as a homosexual. After witnessing Inner Moka's power, he decides that Tsukune and Moka are an "invincible partnership" (also assuming without basis that Inner Moka is Tsukune's wife) and wishes to recruit them both.
Fang Fang first appeared while the Newspaper Club were having a meeting. He immediately asked for Tsukune, explaining that he needed Tsukune's power to fight against Fairy Tale. After noticing all the girls surrounding Tsukune, he begins to convince everyone to join the Huang Family, where they could all marry Tsukune under the tradition of Polygamy. He mention that there were no laws forbidding polygamy with monsters. Fang Fang attacks Tsukune by summoning forth a phoenix, to test his abilities. Inner Moka and Tsukune manage to defeat it; this leads Fang Fang to the conclusion that both Moka and Tsukune need to be recruited into the Huang Family. Later, after hearing Moka's Rosario creak, Fang Fang steps in and offers to have his family repair it. He invites Moka and company over to Hong Kong by plane and brings them to his house for their welcoming party. He watches over Touho Fuhai, Tsukune, Moka and Mizore's bodies with Yukari Sendo while they are in the world of Moka's memories. Fang Fang later witnesses Akua Shuzen's fight with his sister and Moka's reluctant departure for Fairy Tale.
When Tsukune and the group are traveling through the Fairy Tale headquarters in search of Moka, Fang Fang stays behind at a crossroads and fights Routier, Deputy Leader of the 4th Subdivision. Routier gains the upper hand throughout the fight, but Yukari Sendo returns and saves him from Routier's chainsaw. With the sudden urge to protect his friend from harm, Fang Fang defends Yukari and successfully defeats Routier.
Fang Fang's reunion is cut short when Xia-Long Miao appears with the unconscious Routier and announces himself as Head of the Miao Family and Leader of the 4th Subdivision. Fang Fang reflects on his childhood, where he had known and befriended Xia-Long and had called a halt to the rivalry between the Miao and Huang Families. It is revealed that the truce between the families was called off when Xia-Long assumed leadership of the Miao Family. Yukari, having learned some of Fang Fang's summoning skills and secretly becoming even better at them, fights Xia-Long by herself, but is wounded in the process. An enraged Fang Fang discovers his true potential lies not in his great-grandfather Touhou Fuhai's summoning abilities, but in his mother Ten Ten Huang's martial arts prowess. Fang Fang evades Xia-Long's oncoming gun-fire and stabs him through the abdomen with his coin-sword.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Superhuman Speed: Fang Fang has a great deal of speed capable of moving a great distance in a few moments.
- Superhuman Strength: He also has an impressive level of strength, to the point where he was able to stop Routier's chainsaw attack with his coin sword.
- Huang Style: Senzan Touchuu (穿山撞肘 - Mountain-Piercing Elbow Blow): A powerful elbow attack that utilizes great speed and the rotation of the body to cripple enemies.
- Hengenjizai Stance: Fang Fang evades the opponent with this stance in a flash
- Predict Luck: With his coins he can (not accurately) sense negative energies
- Kyouka (鏡花 - Mirror Flower) Technique used by Ten-Ten Huang, where Fang Fang evades the opponent with this stance in a flash. (Used with Hengenjisai)
- Summoning: Fang Fang has the power to summon various creatures, from chickens to powerful monsters. Usually, he has very little control over these summons, which causes him to summon a Panda instead of what he wants to summon.
- Dragon: As shown when Huang family's plane crashed Fang Fang was able to summon a dragon to help them land safely
- Panda: A summon that happens when Fang Fang fails his summons
- Phoenix: A summoning Fang Fang used trying to defeat Tsukune
- Various Bugs: In carnival it is shown.
- Swordmanship: Fang Fang as displayed some skill as a swordsman as he often uses a sword made of Chinese coins. He can also use these coins as a form of fortune-telling, which he used to detect the presence of Routier.
- Master Martial Artist: It is eventually revealed that he did not actually inherit his father's summoning abilities, rather he possess' his mother's martial arts skills, making him a "born martial artist".
- "I want you to join the Huang family, Tsukune!"
- "Though I may not look like it, I am the heir to the Huang Family"
- "I don't care if you hurt me, but don't you dare lay your hands on my friends!"
- The initial confusion on Fang Fang's gender is likely a reflection of being as good looking as his mother and Dark Lord Touhou Fuhai.
- His fury over seeing his friends hurt suggests he has a potent mix of Touhou Fuhai's and his mother's tempers. (i.e. Fuhai is self-admittedly hot-tempered and Ten-Ten is also hot-tempered) But he seems to be less sensitive than Dark Lord Touhou Fuhai.
- Fang Fang is the first non-Japanese Yôkai student that appears in the series, followed later by his sister Ling Ling. However it is unclear if Yôkai Academy currently houses other foreign students as well.