|Age:||21 Year Old|
|Affiliation:|| Shuzen Family|
|Relatives:|| Issa Shuzen (Father) |
Kahlua Shuzen (younger, oldest stepsister)
Moka Akashiya (younger middle stepsister)
Kokoa Shuzen (youngest stepsister)
Alucard (Grandfather, according to herself)
|Weapon:||Moon Crushing Dimensional Sword|
|Techniques:|| Elbow Strike|
Although brutal in terms of strength, she seems to truly care for her sisters, particularly Moka, whom she loves very much. She has shown a reluctance in fighting, stating that she did not really want to kill Akasha in front of Moka, saying that by doing so, it would sadden her.
She has a very dark and violent side, and will annihilate anyone who gets in her way. She goes as far as to threaten the lives of Tsukune and his friends, if Moka didn't get on Fairy Tale's ship. While she is truly kind towards Moka, she is not afraid to harm those around her, including her mother, friends, and the person she believes to be Moka's "partner in marriage", claiming herself the only one Moka truly has, and states in return that Moka's all she herself has.
Before she started fight she thought that Moka was going to marry Tsukune, a fact which quickly pushed her "berserk button". When she fought Tsukune in a one-on-one fight. he saw into Akua's heart; deep inside, she's a little girl crying for love.
AppearanceEditAkua has pale skin, red eyes with a slit, and blackish blue hair. She is often seen wearing the traditional Chinese cheongsam, her preferred black attire along with knee high combat boots.
According to Touhou Fuhai, Akua hasn't grown in all the years that have passed since Outer Moka was created by the Rosario, as he pointed out her small breast size.
Akua Shuzen is the eldest sister in Moka's family. Like Kalua, she is also a member of Fairy Tale, but was once a member and assassin of the Miao Family. Not much is known about her, but it is suggested that Akua is not on good terms with Moka, as something happened between the two in the past.
Akua's mother died when she was young and she had lived with a relative in China before coming to live with the Shuzen Family. She is extremely skilled in Chinese kung-fu, as her "Youho Saishusui" (translated as "Twist Step, Plucking Hand Strike") could knock a person out for at least three days. Akua has amazing insight in battle as she was able to see the truth behind Kalua's "tears". She was known in the Chinese underground even as a child. She is called "The Black Devil" because of her black attire and lethal kung-fu.
It was revealed Akua was after Akasha, and wanted to absorb her "Shinso" power. Before attempting such a feat, she mastered the Hougetsu Jigen-tou ("Also known as the Dimensional Sword"), a powerful blade that delays the existence of its wielder. It can cut through anything and it seems that the only thing that can stop a Jigen-Tou, is another one to par with it and Muei-Tou.
During their battle, it appears that Akua has the edge, though Akasha doesn't seem to be fighting back and instead, is trying to get through to her. The two of them are then interrupted by Moka who has come back to retrieve the Rosario Cross. Demanding to know why Akua is hurting her mother and with Akasha distracted, Akua slices her in half. Witnessing her mother's 'death', Moka in a rage unleashes her Shinso power and kicks a bewildered Akua.
Akua is completely shocked at Moka displaying the Shinso power since it's not supposed to be hereditary. Due to this, Alucard awakens due to the Shinso blood in Moka becoming active again and destroys the Shuzen manor. Akua tries to save Moka, whom Alucard immediately attacks to feast on her blood, but is saved by Akasha, whom to her surprise has survived.
Watching as Akasha once again seals the beast, Akua remembers her last words to her as Akasha entrusts Moka to her protection.
In the present time, Akua is seen arriving at the Huang Family's mansion searching for Moka. She engages in combat with Fang Fang's parents, whom she defeats easily. She soon arrives at the room where Moka and the others are. Akua starts to tear, happy to see her little sister after seven long years. Fang Fang attempts to attack Akua, and she retaliates, only to be stopped by Ling Ling. Surprised, Akua asks Ling Ling how she was able to stop her Jigen-Tou. Ling Ling smiles and claims she is a zombie created by Touhou Fuhai, and that she has inherited his technique. They do battle, where Akua's greater speed and endurance win over Ling Ling's tactics.
Even rounds from an Uzi and a suicide bombing attempt from Ling Ling fails to harm Akua as she alters the Jigen-Tou technique to 'phase out' her body, allowing the bullets to go right through her and to phase into the ground to prevent injury from the blast. She strikes down Fang Fang before she realizes that Moka's body has been moved. Fuhai reveals himself to her, having escaped from Moka's rosary seal to save his grandchildren.
Conversing with Touhou Fuhai, Akua once again demands that Touhou Fuhai turn Moka over to her. When he asks her why she is so determined to get to Moka, she replies by saying its because she loves her, and wants to protect her with her own hands in order to fulfill her promise to Akasha. She asks Touhou Fuhai to hand Moka over so that they do not have to fight, but Fuhai, overcome with rage at what Akua did to his family, engages her in combat using his own Hogetsu Jigen-Tou which it is revealed he can use from long-range.
At this point, however, Akua decides to use her "trump card", which is to use Huang Fei-Hong and Huang Ten-Ten as hostages in order to force Fuhai to hand over Moka. She then realizes that Moka is actually hidden behind a barrier in the room behind Fuhai, and then uses her own Hogetsu Jigen Tou at range (which she uses after only witnessing it once) and breaks the barrier, revealing Moka behind it.
Akua comments on how many friends Moka has made at school, and asks her if she would not like to see her friends get hurt. Realizing there are too many hostages, Moka decides to leave with Akua in order to protect everyone. Welcoming her to Fairy Tale, Akua and Moka depart on a large blimp surrounded by dragons, as Tsukune and the others look on.
Akua and Moka are next seen on the blimp. The inside is large and lavished with elegant decorations and with a large number of servants standing at attention. When led to her room, Moka is surprised at its grandeur and pauses, making one of Akua's henchmen push her into the room to hurry her up. Akua becomes enraged at seeing her sister (the daughter of the respected Akasha Bloodriver) being treated with such disrespect and threatens to decapitate the servant should he ever lay a hand on Moka again. Akua tells Moka to relax and change and then goes to her own quarters. Upon closing the door however, her icy demeanor changes and she talks to herself about how "cute" Moka is.
She then notices her dog, Earl Grey, staring at her and jumps out of her bed and joyfully tells him that she came back with Moka. She reflects on the strong opponents she faced and confides in Grey that Moka is both her yin and yang and also hopes that Moka will stay by her side forever, as she was the only person that ever understood her.
However, her plans are suddenly and abruptly derailed when she returns to Moka's room only to find that Inner Moka had switched personalities with Outer Moka. She asks why now only to find a note stuck to the rosary that was written by Touhou Fuhai. It reads "The seal has been fixed. Sorry~! - Touhou Fuhai" and upon reading it, she angrily exclaims his name.
She later takes Moka to Fairy Tale Headquarters, the Garden in the Sky, where she constantly asks Outer Moka questions to see if she differs from the Inner Moka. After trying to comfort Moka by telling her she is with her and she does not have to be alone, Akua is angered to learn that Outer Moka doesn't consider herself alone as she has the News Club for friends. In return for this, she takes her to see Alucard and reminds her that Akasha is still sealing from the inside, causing Moka to cry.
She later informs Moka of the News Club breaking into into the Garden in the Sky to save her and informs Moka that if she tries to hold back Alucard's awakening, she will be ripped apart by the resulting seal release.
When Kurumu and Mizore found Moka, they immediately engaged in battle with Akua. Even though they fought admirably, Akua defeated them while Moka's seal broke; awakening Inner Moka. When Akua called Tsukune Moka's "tool", she kicked her only to find out she is using her power to keep the seal intact. During Alucard's raucous, Akua and Moka both spotted Tsukune. As Akua went to kill him, she is surprised at Tsukune's sudden burst of speed. As Moka cried to Tsukune's resolve to protect her, Akua cried that Moka opened her heart to him instead of her.
In chapter 56, Akua begins to falter in her attacks against Tsukune and Moka. She then has a flashback, possibly to her childhood, where a possible younger sister of hers shouts that she'll never forgive her. This completely distracts Akua, and Moka manages to land a brutal blow.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Vampirism: Akua is not only a vampire but one of the strongest vampires in the manga. She has abilities that are far beyond the limits of many other characters, such as:
- Superhuman Strength: Akua is superhumanly strong and is easily one of the strongest character in the series.
- Superhuman Speed: She can move far faster than humans and the average member of her species, above supersonic speed or even faster.
- Superhuman Durability: The tissues of her body are considerably harder and more resistant to physical injury than those of an ordinary human. She is capable of withstanding great impact forces, and many other forms of damage.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Her reflexes are heightened in a similar manner and are superior to those of the finest human athlete.
- Evasion/Invulnerability: Akua can evade deadly projectiles or punches made at her because she knows how to use dimension techniques that allows her to slide physical objects using the dimensions. Ling Ling attempted to kill Akua with a suicide explosion but Akua hid underground and survived. Another example of this is when Fang Fang's mother threw needles at Akua and Akua evades them by making her body a Jigen-Tou. Also Akua just has general experience in fights which helps her evade attacks.
- Vampire Blood: Akua's power is easily multiplied with the Yokai from her Vampire blood. This also means she recovers from deadly injuries quickly.
- Youki Detector: Like other vampires, Akuha can detect Youki.
- Master Martial Artist/Kung Fu: Akua is very skilled in Kung Fu. As demonstrated when whe was fighting against Kahlua in the Shuzen Mansion.
- Perceptive: Akua is very perceptive and she can easily read the opponent's movements. Her experience fighting as a child is one of the reasons why she is so adept in combat. Akua is capable of understanding how an ability or a technique works almost instantly. This is seen when she is fighting Tsukune (who has decent fighting skills) and compares his moves to a wild beast who only knows how to charge. The same can be said when she is fighting Kahlua and she could see through Kahlua's intent. She is arguably the most intelligent out of the four sisters of the shuzen. It is easily proven she is very skilled as she learned how to use the Jigen-Tou as a child pointed out by Akasha who said Akua is a sinister child.
- Research: Akua seems to also research about weaknesses and/or missing components to forefill her goal to become a Shinso and rule the world. Interestingly enough she researched the Jigen-Tou and worked it as her own technique. Even Touhou the creator of the Jigen-Tou said she made it as her own technique. Later in Rosario + Vampire Touhou claims that there is a 40 second pause in which Akua cannot phase after using the Jigen-Tou but it can be assumed that he was saying that based on his own use of the technique and not a general law of the Jigen-Tou as Akua was not effected by it. It is implied that Akua can use the technique even better than Touhou can.
- Elbow Strike: Akua seems to specialize in elbow strikes in Chinese Kung-Fu as shown when she fights Kahlua. She uses them as a maneuver to block Kahlua's attacks (and strike at the same time) then use Youho Saishusui on Kahlua.
- Seal Breaking: Can break seals but it takes time to set up unlike her other techniques.
- Youho Saishusui: Twist Step, Punching Hand Strike. Basically a very powerful punch Akua resorts to, most people can not stand up for three days after being hit by twist step, punching hand strike.
- Hyakujin Ryouran: Profusion of one hundred blades, a more powerful version of the common version of Jigentou Akua uses. It is literally one hundred blades slicing through anything in its way.
- Jigen-Tou: Moon Crushing Dimensional Sword, Akua can attack from a distance with this attack as well. As a dimensional blade technique it can't be blocked unless the dimension it is going through is blocked. Jigen-Tou can break through barriers because of this property it has to slice through anything. Akua also uses the principles of Jigen-Tou to become intangible.
- "If you hate me... hate yourselves for making an enemy out of me."
- "We finally meet... my beautiful Moka...."
- "...But, even that won't be enough, to scratch me."
- "My most beloved little sister opens her heart, not to me... but to that man."
- "You're not good enough for Moka."
- It is hinted that Akua may be a very important member in Fairy Tale, as Moka notices the respect that her sister gets.
- One of Akua's favorite lines is Aiya. Which is basically "oh jeez". She uses this term when she confronts trivial problems.
- She has completely mastered the Jigen-Tou as if it were her own technique, as stated by Touho Fuhai. She understands it to such a level that she has learned how to use it from a distance.
- Akua has not really developed figure-wise and shows that she hates it when people mention her lack of growth.
- Out of the four Shuzen sisters, both Moka and Kalua possess power limiters while Akua has never been mentioned or shown to wear one.
- Akua's name literally translates to "dominant love".
- Akua's name follows the Shuzen trend of being named after beverages, hers being "aqua" which is water.
- In the manga some of Akua's scenes her facial expression resembles the evil spirit from "The Grudge" series.
- In Chapter 55, Tsukune mentions that despite Akua's violent and fearful personality, he feels her sunken in sadness.
- Akua has weak endurance, hence the reason for her high evasion and use of Jigen-Tou.
- Following shifting to defensive against Inner Moka's and Tsukune's tag team assault, Akua begins to question herself on why she is fighting, specifically she wonders what she must've done to make Moka so mad at her.
- Given that Akua kidnapped Moka, attempted to kill her friends, aided in the awakening of Alucard (twice) and is partially responsible for Akasha's imprisonment within Alucards body, and still cannot find the reason for Moka's reaction, and that she shows a desperate need for Moka's affections, hints at a classic case of obsession in Akua's case.