Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Manga||Rosario + Vampire II Chapter 029|
|Hair Color||Blackish Blue|
|Technique||• Elbow Strike|
• Seal Breaking
• Jigen-Tō (Dimensional Sword)
• Hōgetsu Jigen-Tō (崩月次元刀, Moon-Crushing Dimensional Sword)
• Yōho Saishūsui (Counter Step Fist Block)
• Hyakūji Ryōran (Profusion of one hundred blades)
• Magic Circle
|Relatives||Issa Shuzen (Father)|
Kahlua Shuzen (Younger half-Sister)
Moka Akashiya (Younger half-Sister)
Kokoa Shuzen (Youngest half-Sister)
Jasmine (Younger Step-Sister)†
Gyokuro Shuzen (Step-mother)†
Akasha Bloodriver (Step-mother)†
Tsukune Aono (Future brother-in-law)
Fairy Tale (formerly)
Akua Shuzen (朱染 亞愛, Shuzen Akua) (Aqua Shuzen in the English manga) is the oldest vampire of the four Shuzen sisters. Having lost her mother at a young age, she moved in with Gyokuro and Issa Shuzen. She is especially close to her sister, Moka, and seems to be infatuated with her, though it may be just an extreme affection.
It's revealed that Akua is a direct descendant of Alucard and like him, wants to destroy the human race. However, her desire to do so was sparked by the death of her best friend, Jasmine at the hands of humans; Akua now seeks to help Moka.
Although brutal in terms of strength, she seems to truly care for her sisters, particularly Moka, whom she loves very much. She has shown a reluctance in fighting, stating that she did not really want to kill Akasha in front of Moka, saying that by doing so, it would sadden her.She has a very dark and violent side, and will annihilate anyone who gets in her way. She goes as far as to threaten the lives of Tsukune and his friends, if Moka didn't get on Fairy Tale's ship. While she is truly kind towards Moka, she isn't afraid to harm those around her, including her mother, friends, and the person she believes to be Moka's "partner in marriage", claiming herself the only one Moka truly has, and states in return that Moka's all she herself has. The thought that Moka was going to marry Tsukune quickly pushed her "berserk button". When she fought Tsukune in a one-on-one fight. he saw into Akua's heart; deep inside, she's a little girl crying for love.
It's revealed that years before in China she lived in a human society with her 'friend' Jasmine. They hid their identities of being vampires but the humans suspected Akua as a vampire for hurting a boy that Jasmine liked. When Jasmine went to the village to explain, the villagers didn't listen and then tortured her and 'skewered' her. Jasmine looked very much like Moka; probably the reason that Akua truly loves Moka. Even years later, Akua remembers Jasmine's final words to her, which cause her to break into tears upon hearing Tsukune say them; he was willing to let the vampire blood in him take over if it meant saving the life of the one they both loved.
Akua has pale skin, red eyes with a slit, and blackish blue hair. She is often seen wearing the traditional Chinese cheongsam, her preferred black attire along with knee high combat boots.
According to Touhou Fuhai, Akua hasn't grown in all the years that have passed since Outer Moka was created by the Rosario, as he pointed out her small breast size. She hates being reminded about this, reacting in embarrassment which promoted Akua is possible the shortest girl out of the four sisters of the Shuzen.
In the Anime, Akua does not appear but her appearance is briefly shown to be unknown. She is tall among the four sisters with long hair and big breast size.
Akua Shuzen is the eldest sister in Moka's family. Like Kahlua, she is also a member of Fairy Tale, but was once a member and assassin of the Miao Family. Not much is known about her, but it is pointed out that Akua is not on good terms with Moka, as something happened between the two in the past.
Akua's mother died when she was young and she had lived with a relative in China before coming to live with the Shuzen Family. She is extremely skilled in Chinese kung-fu, as her "Youho Saishusui" (translated as "Twist Step, Plucking Hand Strike") could knock a person out for at least three days. Akua has amazing insight in battle as she was able to see the truth behind Kahlua's "tears". She was known in the Chinese underground even as a child. She is called "The Jet Black Devil" because of her black attire and lethal kung-fu.
Before meeting the Shuzen Family, Akua lived in secret amongst humans, with a vampiress named Jasmine. After Jasmine was mutilated by humans, Akua swore on her remains that she'd exterminate all humans. This was why she joined Alucard.
It was revealed Akua was after Akasha, and wanted to absorb her "Shinso" power. Before attempting such a feat, she mastered the Hougetsu Jigen-tou ("Also known as the Moon Crushing Dimensional Sword"), a powerful blade that delays the existence of its wielder. It can cut through anything and it seems that the only thing that can stop a Jigen-Tou, is another one to par with it and Muei-Tou.
During their battle, it appears that Akua has the edge, though Akasha doesn't seem to be fighting back and instead, is trying to get through to her. The two of them are then interrupted by Moka who has come back to retrieve the Rosario Cross. Demanding to know why Akua is hurting her mother and with Akasha distracted, Akua slices her in half. Witnessing her mother's 'death', Moka in a rage unleashes her Shinso power and kicks a bewildered Akua.
Akua is completely shocked at Moka displaying the Shinso power since it's not supposed to be hereditary. Due to this, Alucard awakens due to the Shinso blood in Moka becoming active again and destroys the Shuzen manor. Akua tries to save Moka, whom Alucard immediately attacks to feast on her blood, but is saved by Akasha, whom to her surprise has survived.
Watching as Akasha once again seals the beast, Akua remembers her last words to her as Akasha entrusts Moka to her protection.
In the present time, Akua is seen arriving at the Huang Family's mansion searching for Moka. She engages in combat with Fang Fang's parents, whom she defeats easily. She soon arrives at the room where Moka and the others are. Akua starts to tear, happy to see her sister after seven long years. Fang Fang attempts to attack Akua, and she retaliates, only to be stopped by Ling Ling. Surprised, Akua asks Ling Ling how she was able to stop her Jigen-Tou. Ling Ling smiles and claims she is a zombie created by Touhou Fuhai, and that she has inherited his technique. They do battle, where Akua's greater speed and endurance win over Ling Ling's tactics.
Even rounds from an Uzi and a suicide bombing attempt from Ling Ling fails to harm Akua as she alters the Jigen-Tou technique to 'phase out' her body, allowing the bullets to go right through her and to phase into the ground to prevent injury from the blast. She strikes down Fang Fang before she realizes that Moka's body has been moved. Fuhai reveals himself to her, having escaped from Moka's rosary seal to save his grandchildren.
Conversing with Touhou Fuhai, Akua once again demands that Touhou Fuhai turn Moka over to her. When he asks her why she is so determined to get to Moka, she replies by saying its because she loves her, and wants to protect her with her own hands in order to fulfill her promise to Akasha. She asks Touhou Fuhai to hand Moka over so that they do not have to fight, but Fuhai, overcome with rage at what Akua did to his family, engages her in combat using his own Hogetsu Jigen-Tou which it is revealed he can use from long-range.
At this point, however, Akua decides to use her "trump card", which is to use Huang Fei-Hong and Huang Ten-Ten as hostages in order to force Fuhai to hand over Moka. She then realizes that Moka is actually hidden behind a barrier in the room behind Fuhai, and then uses her own Hogetsu Jigen Tou at range (which she uses after only witnessing it once) and breaks the barrier, revealing Moka behind it.
Akua comments on how many friends Moka has made at school, and asks her if she would not like to see her friends get hurt. Realizing there are too many hostages, Moka decides to leave with Akua in order to protect everyone. Welcoming her to Fairy Tale, Akua and Moka depart on a large blimp surrounded by gremlins, as Tsukune and the others look on.
Akua and Moka are next seen on the blimp. The inside is large and lavished with elegant decorations and with a large number of servants standing at attention. When led to her room, Moka is surprised at its grandeur and pauses, making one of Akua's henchmen push her into the room to hurry her up. Akua becomes enraged at seeing her big sister (the daughter of the respected Akasha Bloodriver) being treated with such disrespect and threatens to decapitate the servant should he ever lay a hand on Moka again. Akua tells Moka to relax and change and then goes to her own quarters. Upon closing the door however, her icy demeanor changes and she talks to herself about how "cute" Moka is.
She then notices her dog, Earl Grey, staring at her and jumps out of her bed and joyfully tells him that she came back with Moka. She reflects on the strong opponents she faced and confides in Grey that Moka is both her yin and yang and also hopes that Moka will stay by her side forever, as she was the only person that ever understood her.
However, her plans are suddenly and abruptly derailed when she returns to Moka's room only to find that Inner Moka had switched personalities with Outer Moka. She asks why now only to find a note stuck to the rosary that was written by Touhou Fuhai. It reads "The seal has been fixed. Sorry~! - Touhou Fuhai" and upon reading it, she angrily exclaims his name.
She later takes Moka to Fairy Tale Headquarters, the Garden in the Sky, where she constantly asks Outer Moka questions to see if she differs from the Inner Moka. After trying to comfort Moka by telling her she is with her and she does not have to be alone, Akua is angered to learn that Outer Moka doesn't consider herself alone as she has the News Club for friends. In return for this, she takes her to see Alucard and reminds her that Akasha is still sealing from the inside, causing Moka to cry.
She later informs Moka of the News Club breaking into into the Garden in the Sky to save her and informs Moka that if she tries to hold back Alucard's awakening, she will be taken apart by the resulting seal release.
When Kurumu and Mizore found Moka, they immediately engaged in battle with Akua. Even though they fought admirably, Akua defeated them while Moka's seal broke; awakening Inner Moka. When Akua called Tsukune Moka's "tool", she kicked her only to find out she is using her power to keep the seal intact. During Alucard's raucous, Akua and Moka both spotted Tsukune. As Akua went to kill him, she is surprised at Tsukune's sudden burst of speed. As Moka cried to Tsukune's resolve to protect her, Akua cried that Moka opened her heart to him instead of her.
In chapter 56, Akua begins to falter in her attacks against Tsukune and Moka. She then has a flashback, possibly to her childhood, where a possible friend of hers shouts that she'll never forgive her. This completely distracts Akua, and Moka manages to land a brutal blow that probably was enough to break her neck.
In chapter 65, at the end of the manga chapter, Akua reappeared, cutting off Alucard's arm when he was about to attack Moka. That indicates that she manage to survive after taking the brutal blow from Moka in her previous fight and now she's standing in Alucard's way to protect Moka. In chapter 65.5, Akua reveals that she made a deal with Alucard, to spare Moka's life in exchange for undoing her seal. The two begin to fight, and Alucard tells the story of Akua and her best friend," Jasmine, who was mutilated and "skewered" by humans, noting that Moka and Jasmine look alike. He also reveals that he helped Akua because of her desire for revenge.
Akua tells him to shut up and completely slashes him with the Jigen-Tou in a single instant - where the other characters were unable to touch him at all. Telling Moka that she will protect her from now on, and telling her that there are things more important than revenge, Akua reaches for her big sister, but is stopped when Alucard's spines burst from the ground and pierce Moka. As Alucard reassembles - being unable to die unless his "true" body is killed, Akua cries.
Minutes later, she finds Tsukune comforting the seemingly lifeless Moka. She tells him the seal is completely gone, as is Outer Moka. Though she also proclaimed her life wasn't completely lost, and offered to revive her. After this proclamation, she bite Moka and started to inject her own blood, and while doing this, she began to remember her best friend Jasmine and the small discussion they had before the humans capture her and kill her.
Tsukune then intervenes and tells Akua that she's giving too much blood and that she'll die before saving Moka, Akua gets angry and pulls back Tsukune's cheek to reveal his underdeveloped fangs, she tells him that blood can only be injected through vampiress fangs and that his half-grown fangs are useless and she goes on to say that he is weak and that his blood is unable to save Moka. Tsukune then tells her that he'll become a vampire and remove the Holy Lock which is suppressing his power, Akua warns Tsukune that by making that decision he will not only die but become just like one of Gyokuro's experiments.
Tsukune attempts to proceed and is questioned by Akua who tells him that he is crazy and that a human wouldn't go that far, Tsukune removes the Holy Lock without hesitation, stunning Akua, he replies that he doesn't care about the differences between humans and monsters, nothing is more important to him than the woman he loves. When he says this Akua thinks of Jasmine from Tsukune's kind words, he then proceeds to give Moka blood in order to revive her, she realizes that Tsukune's feelings and love for Moka are real and is willing to give his life for Moka's, in tears, Akua then calls out Tsukune's full name as he proceeds to revive Moka with his blood.
After Kurumu, Mizore and Kokoa arrive and find out they can't reach Tsukune because of the power vortex, Akua shows herself and tells Kurumu and Mizore she has no wish to fight them. After Akua explained Tsukune's dire predicament and seeing Kurumu's distress, San Otonashi showed up letting them know Alucard was en route to kill Tsukune and Moka. Akua held out her hand and tells them she's willing to help "just once".
After she created a spell circle that would allow them all to help Tsukune and Moka, Akua was asked why she would help. She said because she understood why they all risked their lives for Tsukune...as she had also fallen for him. After a moment in which everyone was floored by this, Kurumu said Akua couldn't have him and Akua said/claimed that she was joking as she loved Moka alone. They pooled their power and feelings to help and save Tsukune and Moka. Before Alucard could attack, the vortex dissipated and revealed Tsukune and Moka as fully realized Shinso Vampires. Akua and the others tearfully celebrated as Tsukune and Moka went on the attack and blew a large hole through Alucard and crumbled his body into pieces. Akua realized right away that the two Shinso were using "creation" stating that the original and ultimate shinso vampires were capable of using that ability.
When Alucard rose up refusing to die, Akua was seemly surprised that even though his body was torn to sheds, he is still alive after all. A few minutes later after Alucard reveals the true plan to rule over Japan along with his clones that hatched out of the eggs he planted all over the cities and members of the Wong families, Miu families and Yōkai Academy appear battling his clones every where, Akua joins her sister's friends and she along with everyone proceed to attack Alucard in the final battle.
When Tsukune places the destroyed Rosario on Alucard's chest which recreates Akasha's revival, Akua is indeed surprised. As the Three Dark Lords and Alucard set up a self-destruction spell leaving their dream of humans and creatures living in peace to the next generation to set off on a new journey, Akua comes to Moka and Tsukune revealing that the Outer Moka they've known was a clone of Akasha to protect Moka as a personality and the promise she made was for Akua to destroy the clone to set Moka free all for her sister's happiness.
Akasha thanks Akua for keeping her silly promise for the past 7 years as Akua replied with a smile by saying, "you have... no idea the pain it caused me." Akua watches as Akasha, Touhou, Mikogami and Alucard activates the self-destruction spell vanishing from the world.
In chapter 67 Extra II Epilogue/Tales, Akua is playing chess with Kahlua (revived by Miyabi) and the two of them are to become future leaders of the Shuzen Family.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Vampirism: Akua is not only a vampire but one of the strongest vampires in the manga just behind Alucard. Alucard calls her the "strongest" and states that not even the Three Great Dark Lords could compare in terms of raw ability. Though he did state that her immature mentality prevented her from being truly invincible for an S-Class Vampire. She has abilities that are far beyond the limits of many other characters.
- Immense Strength: Akua is Supernaturally strong and is easily one of the strongest character in the series. Touhou Fuhai stated that her strength is overwhelming with her blocking and parrying attacks from Inner Moka and Tsukune both of whom are very strong individuals in comparison to ordinary vampires. She is capable of landing a blow that dealt great damage to Kahula without converting her Yoki into strength when Inner Moka needed to do so to gain the same result. It was also during her initial fight with Kahula that Akua was able to easily push Kahula back with simple elbow strikes while Kokoa needed the weight of her transformed bat, Koumori Nazo, added to her own vampiric strength to do the same as well.
- Immense Speed: She can move far faster than humans and the average member of her species, above supersonic speed or even faster as shown when she appeared in front of Miyabi and sliced off his right hand before the Shinso clone could react as well as slicing him to several pieces despite Miyabi's attention facing Akua and the small distance apart between the two.
- Enhanced Agility: Akua is also very agile being able to land a few attacks on Akasha during their fight and even jump several feet into the air to launch her Hyakujin Ryouran upon the Shinso vampire. Later on during the start of her fight with Tsukune and Moka, Akua proceeded to travel across the battlefield right to where Tsukune was with one powerful leap and attempted to bisect him with a Jigen-Tou.
- Enhanced Durability: The tissues of her body are considerably harder and more resistant to physical injury than those of an ordinary human. She is capable of withstanding great impact forces, and many other forms of damage as shown when she fought against both Mizore and Kurumu she was able to defeat two of them with ease grievously wounding them while remaining completely unharmed throughout the battle. When Akua had falter during her fight with Tsukune and Moka thus allowing Moka to land a powerful kick to her face that sent Akua flying through a boulder, Moka remarked that the strike was about enough to break Akua's neck due to her not having high endurance. Though she reappeared to save Moka from Miyabi Fujisaki after he revealed himself as the Masked King and Alucard completely unharmed and without any strain in her performance.
- Enhanced Stamina: Akua's musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins than the musculature of ordinary humans or ordinary monsters allowing to be physically active for longer periods of time. Seven years ago after Moka's awakening of her Shinso blood, Akua aided Akasha in rescuing Moka just after doing battle against the Dark Lord and suffering a great injury from Moka's enraged kick. She was able to fight effectively against multiple opponents for a considerable amount of time in rapid succession as Akua was able to fight on even grounds against Moka and Tsukune just after defeating Kurumu and Mizore simultaneously.
- Immense Reflexes: Her reflexes are heightened in a similar manner and are superior to those of the finest human athlete. The limit of her full extent is unknown, however she was capable of dodging everyone of Inner Moka and Tsukune's attack at the time with Tsukune's First Seal Unlock.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: As a vampire, Akua has high healing abilities being able to recover from deadly injuries quickly as shown when she took two powerful kicks from Inner Moka one which caused bleeding to her forehead and two which send her crashing into a boulder and later reappeared to confront Miyabi (AKA Shinso Alucard) completely unharmed.
- Yōki Detection: Like other vampires, Akua can detect Yōki. This technique allows the user to detect the energies of the beings around him/her, letting the user react faster when is attacked.
- Great Demonic Aura: Despite only being considered as a mere S-Class vampire, Akua Shuzen's Yōki is powerful enough to rival against the likes of Alucard - the strongest shinso vampire in history as shown when Miyabi released his Yōki which brought everyone down to their knees, Akua shown the only standing mostly unfazed as she was only slightly shaken when he released his Yoki.
- Blood Transfusion: As a vampire, Akua is able to use this in order to revive Moka, however, the more blood she transfers her body will become cold and she'll be on the verge of death. By doing this, she was willing to give Moka more of her blood, even if it cost her own being to do so.
Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Akua is masterful in Kung Fu. As demonstrated when she was fighting against Kahlua in the Shuzen Mansion where she easily overwhelmed her younger sister. Akua managed to pressure Akasha Bloodriver (the leader of the Dark Lords) when the Shinso could not use her full powers at the risk of Alucard's awakening. Touhou Fuhai has remarked that she is a true genius and had already surpassed him hand-to-hand combat alone. After defeating both Kurumu and Mizore simultaneously, Kurumu noted that even if they had trained for 1,000 years they still could not hope to defeat Akua. When she was fighting against both Tsukune and Moka in the Floating Garden Fortress holding her own ground which Gyokuro pointed out Akua wasn't even fighting seriously due to her love for Moka (albeit Tsukune Aono was also holding back as well). During that fight Tsukune had noted that if Moka wasn't helping him at the time then he would had have been killed by Akua several times over and that they were only able to temporarily defeat Akua because she had started faltering from remembering Jasmine.
Master Assassin: Akua is well renowned within the Chinese Yokai Mafia as a fearsome assassin known as the "Black Devil" when she was still working for the Miao Family with her title coming from her incredibly lethal Kung Fu and black colored attire.
Youjutsu Master: Akua is very skillful at Youjutsu with the Hougetsu Jigen-Tou being her specialty like Touhou Fuhai and the Dark Lord remarking that she had mastered the technique to the point of it being her own. In fact she even created her own personal technique that extends from the original Jigen-Tou and can cast various spells of the art as well. Akasha had even referred to Akua as a sinister child when she had proficiently learned the Jigen-Tou as such a young age when the two had fought.
Evasion Master: Akua can evade deadly projectiles or punches made at her because she knows how to use dimension techniques that allows her to slide physical objects using the dimensions. Ling Ling attempted to kill Akua with a suicide explosion but Akua hid underground and survived. Another example of this is when Tim-Tim Huang threw needles at Akua and Akua evades them by making her body a Jigen-Tou. Also Akua has general experience in fights which helps her evade attacks.
Keen Intellect: Akua is very perceptive and she can easily read the opponent's movements. Her experience fighting as a child is one of the reasons why she is so adept in combat. Akua is capable of understanding how an ability or a technique works almost instantly. This is seen when she is fighting Tsukune (who has decent fighting skills) and compares his moves to a wild beast who only knows how to charge. The same can be said when she had fought Kahlua and she could see through her younger sister's tears something that Moka made careful note about and wondered how much of her potential was Akua hiding from the Shuzen Family at the time. She is arguably the most intelligent out of the four sisters of the Shuzen.
Expert Researcher: Akua seems to also research about weaknesses and/or missing components to forefill her goal to become a Shinso and rule the world. Interestingly enough she researched the Jigen-Tou and worked it as her own technique. Later in Rosario + Vampire Touhou claims that there is a 40 second pause in which Akua cannot phase after using the Jigen-Tou but it can be assumed that he was saying that based on his own use of the technique and not a general law of the Jigen-Tou as Akua was not effected by it. It is implied that Akua can use the technique even better than Touhou Fuhai can.
Martial Arts Techniques: Edit
- Elbow Strikes: Akua seems to specialize in elbow strikes in Chinese Kung-Fu as shown when she fights Kahlua. She uses them as a maneuver to block Kahlua's attacks (and strike at the same time) then use Youho Saishusui on Kahlua.
- Youho Saishusui (Twist Step, Plucking Hand Strike): A powerful Kung-Fu technique where after setting up a trap, Akua pushes her opponent's attack upwards with her right hand while delivering a devastating left hand punch that can incapacitate a person for three days.
Youjutsu Techniques: Edit
- Hougetsu Jigen-Tou (Moon Crushing Dimensional Sword): Akua can attack from a distance with this attack as well. As a dimensional blade technique it can't be blocked unless the dimension it is going through is blocked. Jigen-Tou can break through barriers because of this property it has to slice through anything. Akua also uses the principles of Jigen-Tou to become intangible.
- Hyakujin Ryouran (Profusion of One Hundred Blades): a more powerful version of the common version of Jigentou Akua uses. It is literally one hundred blades slicing through anything in its way.
- Seal Breaking: Can break seals but it takes time to set up unlike her other techniques.
- Transference Magic Circle: A technique that create a magic circle allowing those on the circle's edge to forcibly intervene with those at the circle's center. She along with Tsukune's friends used this in order to save Tsukune by not turning him back to a human, but giving him the final push to become a vampire so he can have full control over his Shinso powers. That is by transferring their knowledge, experience, and skills to Tsukune.
- "If you hate me... hate yourselves for making an enemy out of me."
- (To Moka) We finally meet... my beautiful Moka....
- "...But, even that won't be enough, to scratch me."
- (To Moka) "Your existence is far too heavy for Tsukune-kun and the others."
- (To Moka) "... It's ironic, you know. The feelings you all possess, and your bond, are the real thing, and consequently, once again, that loss has broken the final seal... Good morning, Moka."
- (To Moka) "Heh... Speak of the devil... So that's Tsukune, huh...? Let me tell you in advance. I am going to kill him right now. Now I wonder if you can catch up and protect him?"
- (To Moka) "Show me your true self, Moka. As long as you're still covering for the little girl and suppressing your energy, you don't have a chance of stopping me."
- "My most beloved little sister opens her heart, not to me... but to that man."
- (To Moka) "I won't accept this. I will never approve of that man being your partner in marriage."
- (To Tsukune) You're not good enough for Moka.
- (To Moka) Aiya, this is why I told you Moka, that you should just awaken and we then could run away together.
- "Because I'm also the type who'll do anything for the person I like."
- Her name comes from the Latin word "aqua", literally meaning "water", another part of how the Shuzen Family members are named after beverages.
- It is hinted that Akua may be a very important member in Fairy Tale, as Moka notices the respect that her sister gets. This is mostly likely due to her alliance with Alucard (Miyabi Fujisaki), who is the 1st Division's leader.
- One of Akua's favorite lines is Aiya. Which is basically "oh jeez". She uses this term when she confronts trivial problems.
- Her hatred of humans was rather ironicly sparked; she harmed a boy Jasmine liked, causing her to go back and explain things in hopes of peace, but was killed and thus made Akua hate humans.
- She has completely mastered the Jigen-Tou as if it were her own technique, as stated by Touho Fuhai. She understands it to such a level that she has learned how to use it from a distance.
- Akua has not really developed figure-wise and shows that she hates it when people mention her lack of growth.
- Out of the four Shuzen sisters, both Moka and Kahlua possess power limiters while Akua has never been mentioned or shown to wear one.
- Akua's name literally translates to "dominant love".
- Akua's name follows the Shuzen trend of being named after beverages, hers being "aqua" which is water.
- In the manga some of Akua's scenes her facial expression resembles the evil spirit from "The Grudge" series.
- Akua is the owner of Earl Grey.
- In Chapter 55, Tsukune mentions that despite Akua's violent and fearful personality, he feels her sunken in sadness. This sadness stems from Akua's loss of Jasmine.
- In comparison to other vampiresses, Akua has very weak endurance, hence the reason for her high evasion and use of the Jigen-Tou.
- Following shifting to defensive against Inner Moka's and Tsukune's tag team assault, Akua begins to question herself on why she is fighting, specifically she wonders what she must've done to make Moka so mad at her.
- Given that Akua kidnapped Moka, attempted to kill her friends, aided in the awakening of Alucard (twice) and is partially responsible for Akasha's imprisonment within Alucards body, and still cannot find the reason for Moka's reaction, and that she shows a desperate need for Moka's affections, hints at a classic case of obsession in Akua's case.
- When addressed by name when Kurumu, Mizore and Kokoa showed up she gazed coldy at them as if to say "My dear little sister, Kurumu and Mizore. How...charming to see you again."
- When Akua said she didn't actually fall for Tsukune, it is possible that she was using the natural Vampire's gift for deceit to calm Kurumu's agitation......