Akasha Manga Profile
|Relatives||Issa Shuzen (Lover)|
Moka Akashiya (Daughter)
Akua Shuzen (Stepdaughter)
Kahlua Shuzen (Stepdaughter)†
Kokoa Shuzen (Stepdaughter)
|Affiliations||Three Dark Lords (Leader)|
AppearanceEditTsukune, Akasha looks exactly like Outer Moka with long pink hair tied by a black bow, fair skin, and green eyes. She wears a large Victorian-styled gown that is black, along with heeled platforms. Under her dress is a battle uniform which consists of a revealing corset, black shorts and garters.
In the flashback where Miyabi (Alucard's clone) discussed the battle that sealed away the original Alucard, Akasha was wearing a suit of armor that was designed around her physique and having a sword as her weapon.
Upon Akasha's revival, she has six bat wings and her new outfit looked similar to a goddess.
Akasha appears to have similar personality like her daughter Moka (both Inner and Outer). Akasha shown to be kind and gentle towards other people and care greatly for them, even her husbands other lovers which seem to came from Outer Moka, but unlike Outer Moka, she is shown to have confidence in her abilities and when she is enraged of her family is threatened, she will stop at nothing to ensure they are protected, which came from Inner Moka. Akasha is shown to love her daughters greatly, even her step daughter and was able to willingly to seal herself to save Moka.
Akasha first appears in Rosario + Vampire II Chapter 029. In Chapter 31, it is revealed that she is the leader of the Three Great Dark Lords, and the Shinso - the vampire that defeated the eldest vampire, Alucard. Fittingly, she is incredibly powerful and a very capable combatant once she puts her mind to it. Otherwise, she is very gentle and serene, caring very much for her daughters - both real and by association.
According to Akua, Akasha is currently believed to be residing inside Alucard, which is itself held in the Floating Garden, Fairy Tale's Headquarters. Akua also states that she has possibly merged with Alucard because of the time that has past, this has yet to be proven.
Later on, it is revealed by Gyokuro that when Akasha, Touhou and Mikogami were fighting Alucard over 200 years ago, they were unable to defeat him, so Akasha allowed herself to be devoured in order to seal him from the inside, 170 years later, Akasha is rescued by the Shuzen Family, but due to being inside Alucard for all that time, her Yōkai and even her blood had combined with Alucard's, this caused them to become synchronized. She would later pass the Shinso blood into her daughter Moka and eventually it was passed into Tsukune.
Her next actual appearance is in a flashback, when she was a small child in 15th century Wallachia. Her kingdom had been razed by humans, and only she and her king, Dracula, survived the carnage. Her king would then rename himself Alucard, and work tirelessly to avenge what became of his homeland and his people.
Akasha is later revived when Tsukune attaches the Rosario she made to Alucard's chest. She then binds Alucard and takes control of his main body. The leader of the Dark Lords then told her former king that their journey had gone on long enough, and that it had to end. And while they sought different goals (vengeance versus peace) it was for the same reason: to create a utopia for humans and monsters. "And now," she went on, as she gazed at her daughter and Tsukune, "our dream has been passed on to a new generation." She watched as her former king finally relinquished his obsession, and agreed to her terms.
At that moment, her old comrades, Mikogami and Fuhai Touhou came to her side, and offered to help the two Shinsos onto their new journey. As they began to enact the self-destruct spell, Moka called out to her, clearly aghast at the thought of losing her again. At that time, Akuha stepped forth, and revealed that Outer Moka was actually a clone of Akasha, who'd erased her own memories in order to protect her daughter as a personality.
When Tsukune called out to her, Akasha immediately turned away, admitting that Outer Moka's memories came back to her along with the Rosario. As she trembled, she confessed that it was because of those memories that she was able to go forth on her new journey, because she knew how important she was to Tsukune and everyone else. "Thank you Tsukune," she said with tears in her eyes as she glanced at him for the last time, "I'm so glad I met you." With that, the self-destruction spell was enacted and she, her comrades, and her king vanished from the world.
- High-Speed Regeneration: As demonstrated when she was cut by Akua early in their battle, Akasha showed a remarkable regenerative factor. In only a matter of moments, gaping wounds were sealed up, leaving her none the worse for the wear. Even being cut in half by Akua failed to keep her down as it took only a few minutes for her to pull herself back together, much to Akua's complete and utter surprise. As of now, Akasha is the only one seen with this sort of high-speed regeneration ability.
- Strength: Akasha's fighting style is identical to how Inner Moka fights, with a variety of kicks, but the difference in raw power that Akasha is capable of generating is exponentially staggering. Due to her age (at least 500+years old), and status as a Shinso blood carrier, her ability to convert her blood's power into strength is many times more powerful than anything we've seen Inner Moka do, or anyone else for that matter. It is due to this strength and high regeneration ability that she was named the 'leader' of the Dark Lords. It is unknown what Akasha's true strength is since both Tsukune's and Moka's gaining a considerable amount of power while in there Shinso forms, while no one has seen Akasha's Shinso form.
- Wealth of Power: Yukari states that all vampires have an ability called "Wealth of Power." In Akasha's Shinso form upon her revival, she is able to grow six gigantic bat wings.
When Moka was born, she was on the verge of death. To save her, Akasha transfused as much of her blood as possible in order to revive her. An unexpected result was that her Shinso power transferred into Moka, saving her from certain death. Akasha's love for Moka was so powerful that she specially made a Rosario Cross for Moka, should her injected Shinso blood awaken. As fate would have it, Moka went berserk upon seeing her mother cut in half by her sister and awoke her powers, at the same time awakening Alucard from its slumber. To save Moka, Akasha gave her life to activate the seal, placing the fake personality "Outer Moka" which was a clone of herself, in place of her daughter, and was subsequently absorbed into Alucard to "seal him from the inside".
- (To Moka) The "Fake Personality" that is born from the Rosary, that new personality, will take your place while you're asleep and protect both the seal and your body.
- (To Moka) You too will meet your destined person one day... and when that time comes, I pray that you find your happiness...
- (To Alucard) It's no different than that day... we've lost everything and we're setting off together once again... that's all.
- (To Akua) I'm going to erase my memories, and and protect Moka as just a personality. So.. when the time comes, I want you to destroy the clone and set Moka free.
- (To Tsukune) I'm able to set off without any regret... because I know... I know how important I am to you and everyone else... because I know how much... you loved me.
- Tohou Fuhai mentions that Akasha was so powerful, she was titled "Nosferatu" (a name that means "living corpse", a reference to her regeneration ability). There was absolutely nothing that could kill her when she fought seriously, as shown when she defeated and sealed Alucard 200 years ago.
- Akasha's name and title are references to two famous fictional vampires. Akasha being the queen of vampires in Ann Rice's "Queen of the Damned" and Nosferatu being a German remake of Dracula in a silent film.
- Akasha also shares the same catch phrase "know your place" with Inner Moka, this is said while she is fighting Alucard to protect Inner Moka.
- Both Moka and Tsukune have inherited her Shinso blood.
- Akua's statement that Akasha has possibly merged with Alucard may have been an attempt to make Moka awaken as a Shinso without having to use the barrier to destory the seal.
- It is revealed by Gyokuro that Akasha has Alucard's blood inside her.
- Ironically, the sealing method Akasha used 7 years ago to seal Alucard was the same one she used to seal Alucard 200 years ago. Akasha was later rescued by the Shuzen family 170 years after she sealed Alucard, this means that Akasha can be rescued from within Alucard.
- Tohou Fuhai mentioned that the rosary wasn't linked to Alucard, but to Akasha herself. By doing this, Akasha could keep a loving, protective watch on Moka regardless of the distance between them. As such when Gyokuro Shuzen tried to kill Moka after mutating while fused with Alucard, the link to Akasha halted the attack. Tohou Fuhai also theorized that Akasha may have lost her senses after fusing with Alucard, but she still protects Moka in spite of this.
- Akasha was revealed to have blanked her memory to protect Moka as her sealed personality "Outer Moka". As she spoke to Tsukune, she revealed that "Outer Moka's" memories returned to her and she knew how wonderful and a loving young man Tsukune was and knew she left her daughter in good hands. With this, Akasha entrusts her daughter to Tsukune since he is Moka's "Destined Person".